lthough the number of churches has increased dramatically to over 500 congregations nationwide, believers have yet to influence society beyond the church walls, while the task of transforming the community and influencing their culture is generally misunderstood and is widely neglected.
For this reason, Genesis-AOM developed a new level of transformational mission training to add to their existing church leadership training program (the Great Commission Institute), training almost 500 pastors and lay leaders with the goal of increasing the influence of churches and Christians in today’s society and their local communities.
Over the next year
- 120 pastors and church leaders in Ulaanbaatar city will gain a solid biblical understanding of andcommitment to transformational mission initiatives.
- 120 churches will be challenged to engage in transformational mission.
- 10 churches will be selected to be equipped to partner with Genesis-AOM to develop life values in high school students through the LifeSkills course assist 7000 Mongolian children to develop good character through a weekly training program.
- strengthen 5000 families through building good values in their children.
- enhance education in 30 schools in Ulaanbaatar city and Nalaikh town through providing ethics training to supplement the national curriculum.
- provide 600 sets of winter clothing to enable impoverished children to continue to attend school through winter (through the Winter Kits project).