Dare to Engage in God’s Mission
Asian Outreach NZ is a Christian, non-governmental organisation that has been empowering and transforming the lives of families in needy communities across Asia for more than 45 years. Operating in 18 countries across the continent, AONZ works with local partners to bring holistic and sustainable development to the most vulnerable areas. We act as catalysts for change – we focus on the training and support of national workers as they are best equipped to bring sustainable change within their own communities.
Revealing God’s goodness to Asia by partnering with adventurous New Zealanders to create sustainable change.
Asian Outreach NZ is dedicated to revealing God’s goodness by creating new norms – both here in New Zealand and in Asia.
We partner with New Zealanders who want more than the average life – those willing to be led by God beyond the boundaries of their own current normal. We mobilise these adventurous New Zealanders into new territory.
For some that territory is a new physical place like on a life-impacting trip to an Asian nation. For others, it’s a new level of commitment to raising the standard of normal for people in Asia through prayer and finances.
Our heart is to make disciples and train leaders, which will bring about dramatic life changes for the people of Asia.
Our projects and activities address the whole picture, always aiming to increase the social, physical and spiritual well-being of individuals, families and communities.
Practically this looks like:
• Supporting local church leaders in sharing the message of God’s love with their own communities, unreached peoples and beyond who’ve not yet heard of Jesus
• Creating intergenerational change through leadership development and discipleship
• Equipping impoverished rural communities with training and resources to become self-sufficient, for example by building wells, providing water filters and latrines, and teaching agricultural skills
• Assisting children to get the education they deserve
• Partnering with social enterprises that employ and offer freedom to vulnerable people
Through this we are helping people discover a fuller life, one that is more aligned with God’s ideal for His children. In the hope that all would know and experience spiritual freedom and redemption in Jesus Christ and be set free from the physical afflictions of poverty and sickness.
God is inviting us to partner with him in this transformative work and so we offer New Zealanders practical ways to respond to God’s invitation. Are you ready for a life-changing adventure with God?